Thursday, May 28, 2009

mckinlee's room

it's friday...kid's rooms on kelly's tour of homes. mckinlee recently did this to her door with benderoos (of course i would never let her write on our doors!) and it absolutely cracks me up!

this is right inside her door. she keeps cards and letters friends and family have sent her. (a little cluttery imho!)

this is the view from her door.

this is the view once you step into her room. the furniture was mine when i was young. in a few years, we'll redo her room and get her new furniture since this really isn't her style. the bedding and most accessories came from target--the white comforter i found at ikea really cheap! i'm pretty sure the paint is pool blue from sherwin williams.

this is looking into her bathroom. i loved the fabric streamers and was determined to find a way to use them in her room. the purple paint was already there when we bought the house, but the room was an awful pepto bismol pink. so we kept what we could in the bathroom and painted the room aqua. she loves it! she is not into pink at all, so her pick was aqua, purple and lime green.

these cute little boxes and the word are from target too and hold some special things like a doll from one grandmother, a bear from the other, a frame danielle made for her when we moved and a picture of mckinlee and i when she was a baby.

just another view from the other side:

sometimes, these little hooks are overflowing with purses--i think they're going to fall off of the wall! i like it when it's neat like this!

this clock is hanging in her bathroom. i made it in a heidi swapp class at a scrapbook convention. at the time, it didn't match anything i had. so i was glad when it went so well in her room.

this is the rest of her bathroom. i couldn't find the shower curtain i wanted, so i bought some more of the fabric streamers and made this using a clear shower curtain liner. i though it turned out cute! this room was also pepto bismol pink, so it got repainted too!

more accessories from target. in her jars she keeps just a portion of her extensive lip gloss collection! the child has more lip gloss than i've ever had!!

this is hanging on her lingerie chest. it's the dress she wore home from the hospital. she was originally supposed to wear a different one, but when she was born, she was so little my mom had to go buy her another one!


thanks for taking a peek at mckinlee's room--she'll be excited to read your comments!














10 comments:

  1. My favorite part is everything she wrote on the door :-) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too precious! I love the Bendaroos on the door! HYSTERICAL! Thank you for sharing!

    {{HUGS}}

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sweetie! you're room looks so pretty!!

    love
    nini

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you didn't think the door would be everyone's favorite. I loved it. Her room and bathroom are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color scheme! Super cute! Oh, and lots of lip gloss is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bed! And I think the clock is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that she put, "THIS REFERS TO EVERYONE!" LOL That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I love what you did with the shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks adorable just like her! I'm anxious for Poppy and I to stay in her room this weekend! Love you MickyMoo!

    ReplyDelete