Thursday, May 21, 2009

dining rooms

well this friday is dining rooms on kelly's tour of homes. here are various shots of mine. in the spring/summer i put out this bamboo looking table runner and my "summer flower arrangement!" i love my dining room because it's one room that never gets cluttered!


hope you enjoy the tour. sorry if there's too many pictures.







on that blank wall i want to add some big canvases of pictures of our vacations.




sorry...just realized this is the same picture and i don't know how to erase it!~









this is how the dining room looks in the fall. i usually just have that metal leaf bowl with decorative fruit in and the tall candle vase on the table. (dining set from world market, rug from home depot, wall hanging from kirkland's)


this is looking into the dining room from the kitchen:




i missed the kitchens tour, so i decided to include my kitchen here in dining rooms! this was one of the best selling features of this house--when i saw this kitchen, i didn't want to leave! this is standing in the laundry room looking into the kitchen.




this view is from the dining room:





this is looking from the mud room into the kitchen.


i usually put something on the top of the refrigerator and the counter that is for the particular season we're in. it's spring now, hence the flowers. (my sister would tell me to take it all down--it doesn't look very "pottery barn"! i know she's right--but i still put it out! hee hee :)



this is my little area where i keep my calendar, schedule, keys, etc. it tends to get very cluttery and drives me crazy! i love it when it's all clean and neat like this picture.



i love this window! i put a bird feeder in that tree and have seen some of the prettiest birds there. (and i don't even like birds!) the framed piece is a little project i did with the caps of honest tea bottles. each one has a wonderful quote on it and i couldn't bear to throw them away, so i got a big frame for 50% off at hobby lobby, took the glass out and glued the caps on a sheet of cardstock. i think it turned out cute.



the area behind the cooktop changes too. right now there is this metal piece i got from michael's. sometimes there are 3 metal leaves or various other things there--sometimes it's just plain!


this is the breakfast nook. table and chairs are from pier 1. i also love the bamboo window shades. they were there when we bought the house and went with our decor, so we kept them. i never close them--i love the light filtering through them! the picture on the wall is not what i want to keep there, but for now it's staying.



thanks for looking!





















16 comments:

  1. I love the bench seat at your dining table. It all looks so great, Thanks for sharing.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dining room, it is so very pretty!! I love the table and the bench seating! You did a great job and I love how you showed what it looks like in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dining room and your kitchen! So neat!

    Thanks for letting us bloggers stroll through!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the table & how poen & airy the space seems. The canvas' will be a really special addition that will really help complete the space! I love the change outs for seasons too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rooms. I like your lighting fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. It looks so clean!! I love the wall color with the white trim...it's one of my favorite looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour of the walls, it's beautiful with the furniture. You have great style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The benches for long tables are so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dining set...don't you love world Market? :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can understand why you didn't want to leave the kitchen, ha! Your kitchen and dining room are beautiful. I love the candle holders on the table in the breakfast nook! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bench and colors! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I think my favorite thing ar your shades, I want to replace my faux white wood blinds with these in my kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your dining room and kitchen are GREAT! i love your dining room table with a bench! too cute! i am also soooo not a fan of birds, but they are kind of fun to look at! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great dining room. I love the long table!

    ReplyDelete