Thursday, December 9, 2010

what we've been up to

i wish i would just post a few pictures everyday, then i wouldn't have these monster picture posts--sorry.
here's what we've been up to over the past couple of months...

chris' bible student's wife made this fabulous cake and sent us some.
i cannot describe to you how amazing it was.

you may remember me linking this recipe after my aunt sent it to me in the mail.
this is the second time we've made them and they are wonderful!

i cleaned my closet for several hours one day and this was the result.
everything here and more went to goodwill or the clothes swap we have every year.
it feels so good to have a clean closet now.
(although i'm wishing i hadn't gotten rid of those brown boots!)

mckinlee had to do a life map for one of her classes--i though it turned out so cute!

here is cosmo's favorite place to be lately. i love this quilt (it has all my favorite fall colors). cosmo found it on the chair and now we call it his "nest"!

the last picture of me with long (to me) hair.

mckinlee was out for a whole week for thanksgiving break so we went to waco to visit this cutie

we took her to chuck e cheese for the first time and she loved it! she especially loved chuck e himself and wanted to get up there with him so bad.

she also loved the little rides
is she darling or what?

loved this profile picture of her and chuck e.

she also took her first steps while we were there--so exciting!

mckinlee's doing really well with the viola and tries to practice every day!
i especially love when she plays oh susanna, then i sing along!

vera bradley sent me a $20 coupon and since i really didn't need anything else, i didn't want to spend a lot (but i didn't want it to go to waste either!) so i got one of their lunch bags for $8 in the very berry paisley print and i just love it!

last month for my stamp class order from stampin' up, i got the charm and necklace. my wonderful stampin' up demonstrator had a class to make the inserts and this is how it turned out. cute, no?

another great deal...
i had a $10 off coupon at bath & body works and 1 free item coupon (did you know if they come together, then you can use them together? i didn't.)
so i got all of the stuff below for $21. yay me!
(that twisted peppermint i could squirt directly into my mouth i love the the scent so much!!)

mckinlee making a wig out of a squishy ball!

over the weekend, we went to waco's circuit assembly. we got to see some friends and family we haven't seen in a while. sadly, i didn't take many pictures at all.
this was one of the few-- mck with her friends.
(i didn't even get one of sadie in the cutest outfit you've ever seen--with a little black feather headband! boo hoo.)

last week chris had to go out of town on business...stopped at the coach outlet on the way home...and surprised me and mckinlee with new purses!
what a great guy!!
here's mine. see that pink lining? i die.

and is this cute hipster perfect for an 11 year old or what?

yes...we think we'll keep him!
thanks, honey.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE you new purse! So good to see you again on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Vera Bradley lunch tote! Very pretty colors.

    I want to take a stamp class- looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mck and that "wig" is hilarious! and i love your new purses!! i must *hint* to mike what a sweet surprise that was from chris, and how i love surprises too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I think this is one of my favorite posts you've done! Your purses are wonderful!!! Tell McKin hers looks just like her--adorable! That sweet son-in-law of mine! Wish I had a piece of that cake! So cute--I feel like I've visited with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just gonna check your blog on Wedsnesdays but I'm glad I did today. I was just going to comment about how cool it is that Sadie didn't freak out at Chuck E. Cheese. But then I saw the viola and had to comment on that. How cool! I played cello for four years. I still have it. A sis in my cong played viola growing up and took it up again with private lessons a few years back.

    ReplyDelete